Saturday, July 31, 2010

Of Ultra Maniac And Anime Overload

Ultra Maniac is an anime that I’ve watched over and over. It’s one of those series that do not require you to think so whenever I have an “anime overload,” this is one of those series that can help me relax.

I’ve just finished watching Death Note so I wanted something cute and shallow to refresh my mind. It’s time for another round of Ultra Maniac.

Aside from Ultra Maniac, there are some pick-me-uppers that I love to watch whenever I feel overloaded. Among my favorites are Lovely Complex and Ouran High School Host Club. I try to steer clear of serious or thought-provoking series (such as Death Note) and those that I feel are too “emotional” (Honey and Clover made me cry at several points in both seasons).

For a quick fix, I watch Episode 10 of Nodame Cantabile (first season) and listen to S Orchestra’s rendition of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue. I then skip to Episode 12 to listen to Nodame and Chiaki’s duet of Rachmaninov’s Piano Concerto No 2.

Is it weird to get tired from doing what you love? Take note: I’m tired FROM watching animes, NOT tired OF watching animes. For me who tends to get compulsive and a bit obsessive, it can sometimes get mentally draining.

Top maintain my sanity (if I am still indeed sane), moderation is the key. Moderation and variety.

2 comments:

  1. the best anime who ever i watch.. I love Ultra maniac so much.. URUTORAMANIAKKU ^_^

    ReplyDelete